Friday, September 12, 2008

Hectic, but doing well

It's been way too long since I posted an update. I apologize, but life has been hectic and full of things to do besides blog. Let's see, where to start....

I'll start with life. We've got the house up for sale. We haven't had any bites yet, which is making me a bit nervous. But we have decided I will be leaving South Carolina at the same time that Mark leaves for Airborne school either way. I guess the kids and I will just be gypsies for a few weeks. Then we'll meet up with Mark in Iowa and make the trip across country together to our new duty station. Keeping the house uber clean all the time just in case someone finally calls to look at it is kinda stressful. But it's also really nice living in a constantly clean house. My daughter is no help, she is Miss Destructo, but my son has been really good about not messing things up. For a five year old, I find that pretty impressive. The good part of all of this is that I'm super excited to move. Our new duty station is going to be right up our alley I have a feeling, and we can't wait to get started on our new life there.

I've been slacking on new items for a couple of weeks. My mom is visiting, so that takes priority. But I do have quite a few new things since my last blog update, so I'll post a couple of those.

First is some new seaglass earrings. There is also a few new pendants posted, one comes with a beautiful sterling silver snake chain. I'm trying out including the chain, but seems like most people are happy to buy the pendant and use their own chain. Any opinions on that? Mom brought me a bunch of new pieces of seaglass from her island too so I have even more to play with, love it!

Next I listed some more crocheted hats. The hat to the left is my Flap Happy Monkey Hat. It looks so cute as you can see on my little monkey. I have also listed a Pom Crazy Earflap hat that is super cute too. I love that all of the styles are completely customizable, whatever colors a customer wants I can probably provide. These things are so addictive, to make and to own. My own kids have quite a collection of them now.

And a sort of new item. I had magnets before, but none quite like this. :) They are miniature chalkboards. What a great present for a teacher, right? Or label your kids' artwork with them. It's totally up to you, and you can change them whenever you like. Just rub them clean with a damp cloth and use them over and over.
I'll stop rambling for now. And hopefully the next update won't take so long! Thanks for visiting me. :)








No comments: