Friday, June 6, 2008

Commission Finale!

I finally finished this commission that has been stressing me out for so long. Thought I'd share the completed piece just for the heck of it. It's 16x20 and all graphite. Please excuse the poor photo of the drawing, I packaged it up for shipping and then realized I hadn't scanned it or photographed it. After the luck I had with this commission I decided rather than risk damaging it by exposing it to any elements again I took the picture in the plastic I seal it in for shipment. Better than nothing I suppose.




Also shown is the one reference photo I was given to work from. I thought the composition of the photo didn't flow right, so I took some artistic license there. :)



UPDATE: I got word from the customer and they are in love with the portrait. They said it was beyond their expectations and can't wait to get it on the wall. The husband said his wife just stared at it with an open mouth for ten minutes. I'm so thrilled they like it! I can breathe now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW. You are one talented lady who enjoys art.

Anonymous said...

wow you did an amazing job! I would be flattered to have such a nice portrait drawn! I am sure they will love it!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! Great job! I like how you re-arranged everyone, too. I'm sure this family will be so excited to get this!

Jennifer
www.monsterbugblankets.com

MayRae said...

Sorry it took you through the frustations, but it looks great. Love the way you put it together. Does fit better than the photo :)